2/26/2007

More Cold

I'm kind of a poor blogger. I tend to be slow in getting back here to update my blog. My wife is a very good blogger and updates her's probably everyday. Well, I can't keep up with that but I'll try to add something more regularly.

Lot's has happened since I last posted. One event that was note worthy was the Iron Dog race. I had an AMSOIL booth set up at the 2007 Iron Dog Expo which took place at the Wasilla Sports Complex. The racers were all there and went through their safety checks. The next day was the start of the race and there was a lot of people there for that. Was a bit cold but the day was beautiful clear and sunny. A couple of guy's I used to work with on the North Slope raced in this years event.

The cold weather causes equipment to be a bit sluggish when it's been sitting for a while. Especially if you happen to be using regular old mineral oil. You know, the usual stuff you get at the auto parts or discount store. Not much effective lubrication going on when it's thick and cold. AMSOIL synthetic lubes remain fluid and keep their superior lubrication qualities even in the cold of the arctic.

AMSOIL has recently announced the addition of 5W-40 Premium Diesel Oil (DEO). It is the premium choice diesel oil for model year 2007 and newer heavy-duty and pickup truck diesel engines requiring API CJ-4 emission quality oil standards. So if you have one of the newer diesel rigs that require low sulfer fuel, you need this oil. I wanted to mention this oil for those of you who have the newer haulers.

AMSOIL has also expanded it's Powersports filter line. Twin Air is the most recognized name in powersports air filters, engineered for more makes and models of dirtbikes and ATVs than any other filter line. Twin Air Filters are constructed from two layers of open-pore foam to provide maximum filtration and superior airflow. A coarse-foam outer shell is fused with a fine-foam inner core, resulting in a one-piece design that is both functional and durable. It provides continuous filtration and airflow while protecting engines from dirt, dust and sand. Click on the link and check it out. They even have water soluble cleaners and tack oil.

Be sure and check out my website at Doug's Synthetic Lubricants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi –

My name is Andrew Wellner. I’m a reporter in the Anchorage Daily News’ Valley bureau working on a story about valley bloggers. A colleague sent me a link to your blog. I was wondering if we could talk for my story. I can be reached at awellner@adn.com or 352-6710.

Thanks!

Connie Marie said...

HEY! It's springtime up here in Alaska... you need to post someething new here.

Connie Marie said...

Nothing yet, you must have so new incredible products that people need to know about!

Something short and sweet even...

Connie Marie said...

You need to update around here, summer is almost over!

You have been tagged... go read my MeMe blog for more information.